Action Test Bed
- JRG(4md), PKO(4md)
- Prev assigned
- Tasks adressed
- Time estimated
- Time used
- 8md(JRG), 2md(PKO)
- Needs fedora hook + base collection
To produce a system that can create a testbed installer from the doms sourceforge project.
- Build enviroment system designed and coded.
- Included packages: PACKAGES=( "bitstorage/trunk" "domsclient/trunk" "domsserver/trunk" "ecm/trunk" )
- Build scripts called in each folder for dist target. Collects .war-files from dist-folder, thus necessitating the presence of a .war-file.
- Fedora, Tomcat and webservices bundled. .zip generated.
- Install script. Shady Magic happens here. Setting from conf.sh are propagated via install.sh.
- ECM, low-level bit-storage, tomcat and fedora basically included. Fedora validator to be hooked. Others? Base collection is being added.
Producing this installer is a multi level process
- We need a system for producing the build enviroment
- This will probably be a shell script for checking out specific revisions of the sourceforge projects. We need to define the build enviroment
- We need a system for building the various projects
- Given the build enviroment, we can call the ant scripts in each project
- We need a packaging system.
- This is the script that packages the dists of the projects and the testbed in a zip file
- We need an install script
- This is a script that is able to install a tomcat with fedora, and put the ecm webservice and fedora hook in their correct locations
Additional TODO: In order to be able to reuse the testbed scripts for installation by maintenance, we need to make it optional whether the testbed scripts should install a tomcat or not.
Checklist For Working On An Action
The Life Cycle of an Action:
Assign people for action definition: Done at start of iteration status meeting. Fill out Assigned
Define the action: Describe information about what is to be done and how. Fill out Tasks Addressed and Time Estimated.
Review the definition: Get another project group member to review the action definition, and update it.
Assign people for action implementation: Done by project manager, usually the same persons who wrote the definition. Fill out Assigned and Prev assigned if new persons are assigned.
Implement the action: See details below
Review the action: Get another project group member to review what is implemented (code and documentation), and update it.
Finish the action: Change the status to "Finished" and update the "time used" field on the action page.
Please make sure that you address the below issues, when working on an action:
- Update the state of the action to "In Progress" when you start working on it.
- Check if the tasks addressed by this action have their status set to "In Progress". If that is not the case, then change the state of them.
Keep track of how much time that has been spent working on the action. If it addresses more than one task, then make a note on the action page about how much of the elapsed time that has been spent on the individual tasks. Hint: Continually updating the "Time used" field will make it easier for you.
- Update the "Progress History" and documentation pages of each task addressed by this action when appropriate. This depends on the situation, but in general, the task pages should hold all important related information about the work done, experiences gathered, identified requirements and so on.