Delivery of DOMS Documentation
DOMS Documentation, delivered on 2008-10-17
Final documentation of DOMS Data Model and API is described on the page Documentation under the subheadings "Data Model" and "APIs".
The documentation should contain full descriptions of the entire DOMS data model, now solidified.
Compared to the data model delivered in the last TestBed, some updates have been made:
- The definition of "View" has been updated. While the concept is largely the same, some of the information has been moved, to where it is more easily accessible.
- The concept of a Template, and how it should be used, has been introduced.
- The use of a "STATE" datastream has been removed. This has been replaced with the much easier use of the built-in Fedora property.
- The use of a "PRONOMID" datastream has been removed. This has been replaced with the much easier use of the built-in Fedora attribute "FORMAT_URI" in the "CONTENT" datastream.
- Many parts of the datamodel has been more strictly defined.
- The Ontology language has been better described and updated.
- Documentation of the datamodel in general has been vastly improved
The API is unchanged. However, it has been better documented, and WSDLs with documentation are now provided. Furthermore, the use of Fedora has been documented!
A new TestBed will be delivered on 2008-10-17. All test objects will be updated to follow the new documentation
The following issues are still expected to be further defined:
- The XML Schemas used in the content models are expected to be restricted to a subset of XML Schema
- Further APIs for working with Templates have been suggested.
- A wrapper API for using bit storage and populating file object has been suggested.
- Possibly further APIs for working with the resource index (wrapping often used queries in helper method)