DOMS Test Bed Delivery 1
Delivered for testing against DOMS on 2008-09-03.
The Test Bed includes
- A tomcat
- A fully functional and configured Fedora 3.0
- A mockup PIDGenerator webservice
- The DOMS Base Collection Content Models
- The DOMS Base Collection base objects
- The Reeltape Test Collection Content Models
- The Reeltape Test Collection test objects
How to install
The Test Bed requires a functional Linux system with Java 1.6 installed.
Unzip the package and read INSTALL for installation instructions.
The Test Bed contains an updated datamodel compared to the one previously released for test. These are the changes:
- The datastreams "DS-COMPOSITE-MODEL" and "SCHEMABINDINGS" have been merged to one datastream
- The OWL schema is no longer optional and referred to by SCHEMABINDINGS. Instead there is a special datastream ONTOLOGY that always contains the OWL schema for RELS-EXT
- The usage of OWL has been updated to a more correct use of the language. Instead of "domain" and "range" restrictions on properties, class restrictions and "allValuesFrom" is used.
- The base objects no longer require DC to be in the view of most base objects
- When an object implements a Content Model, which is the subclass of another content model, the object must explicitly name each content model in the inheritance tree using fedora:hasModel relations.
The test objects have been updated for a data model closer to reality:
- Qualified Dublin Core use in the specific data model has been specialised to only a subset of qualified Dublin Core
- The VIEW has been updated to better reflect what needs to be filled out in this particular datamodel.
The final version of the Test Bed will furthermore contain
- A mockup Search webservice
- A mockup File Characterisation webservice
- A mockup File Storage webservice
The data model still has outstanding issues:
- The VIEW datastream will probably be updated to another language better suited to express the same functionality now offered.
The test objects still have outstanding issues:
- The Qualified Dublin Core datastreams definitely need further specialisation. Discussions need to be made about the specific use of XMLSchema too.
- The ORIGIN datastreams are still very poor mockups.
The Data Model documentation is not yet updated. This will happen shortly.
Apart from that we expect to find more bits missing, when you actually start using the Test Bed.
How final is this
The Test Bed needs to be seen as a first effort, and every piece of it is subject to change.
The ideas and structure is not expected to change radically. However, it is expected that further work with the webinterfaces and data models will lead to changes.
We will be happy to discuss requested changes, of course, and we hope you will be understanding when we need to change things due to our own requirements.
Any major changes will be discussed with you first.