Analysis of 2 Production Agreement
Agreements with maintenance
- Back-up: Which Fedora directories we would like to be backed up, and how often. We provide maintenance with information on the characteristics of the directories. Possibly also backup of system configuration from this task?
- Re-iterate bitstorage agreements.
- Preparation of the two tasks above is estimated to ½ md.
- Agreement about what should be given to maintenance for them to be able to install. Needed are: An install-package, instructions. Who sets up configuration for production environment?
- Agreement about what should be given to maintenance for them to be able to upgrade. Needed are: An install-package, instructions. Who sets up configuration for production environment?
- Preparation of the two tasks above is estimated to 3 md.
Agreement about which aspects should be under surveillance (BigSister).
- Preparation of the above task is estimated to 1½ md.
- Agreement of which ports are allocated for our use.
- Preparation of the above task is estimated to 0 md.
- Agreements about hardware, that supports our needs. (Fast harddrive for Fedora, RAM, bandwidth, ...)
- Preparation of the above task is estimated to 1 md.
- Meetings and minutes with IT maintenance dept.
- Preparation of the above task is estimated to 3 md.
Total estimate: 9 md.
- Install scripts, (ant) scripts for bundling installers in a package, potentially including install/upgrade documentation (also important for open sourcing).
- The task above is estimated to 8md.
Supporting development to expose relevant details for use by BigSister. (Consider open sourcing!)
- The task above is estimated to 4md. This task is liable to grow if not kept in check, so please try to keep inside the estimate.
- Make sure port-definitions are easily configurable in all sources. The same for machine names, directories, databases, and others (also important for open sourcing).
- The task above is estimated to 2 md.
- Potential development of benchmarking code to base our demands for production hardware on (code from Toke). If system is difficult to move onto other hardware, importance of benchmarking rises.
- The task above is estimated to 8 md.
Total estimate: 22 md.
Total for this task: 31 md.
Prerequisites and Assumptions
What other tasks does this task rely on? Which other tasks have parts that we need before performing this task?
- Backup depends on Fedora 3.2 setup
- Bitstorage agreement depends to some degree on Bitstorage integration task (if agreements need to be updated)
- Install/upgrade packages depend to some degree on all tasks generating code.
- Install upgrade documentation depends on the documentation tasks
- Surveillance requires input from tasks that generate stuff that needs to be under surveillance, at least Fedora 3.2 setup, probably API
Port-definitions et al requires all code to conform.
- Benchmarking requires Fedora 3.2 setup, and if other code needs to be benchmarked, that code as well, e.g. bitstorage.